Saturday, October 17, 2015

Our Gospel Lesson comes from Luke 15:1-10

Scripture Reading Sunday, October 18, 2015 Jonathon Steele

Our Gospel Lesson comes from Luke 15:1-10

Now all the tax collectors and sinners were coming near to listen to

him. 2 And the Pharisees and the scribes were grumbling and saying,

“This fellow welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

3 So he told them this parable: 4

sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the

wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? 5 When he

has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. 6 And when he

comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to

them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ 7

so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who

repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no

repentance.

“Or what woman having ten silver coins, if she loses one of them,

8

does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she

finds it? 9 When she has found it, she calls together her friends and

neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I

had lost.’ 10 Just so, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels

of God over one sinner who repents.”

“Which one of you, having a hundred

THE WORD OF GOD FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bulletin 6 7 20

Call to Worship:     One: By the calling of God’s Holy Spirit, we gather in the name of the living Christ to worship God. Many: Su...