Saturday, April 1, 2017

Bulletin April 2



Welcome to Deltona Christian Church!  This is the fifth Sunday in Lent.
Lent is a season of repentance and preparation when we prepare to journey to the cross.
We are more solemn at this time. We put away our celebration as we refocus ourselves
in worship.

  Greetings & Announcements                                                               Pastor Susanna
  Minute for Mission

Gathering in God’s Presence
  Prelude                                                                                                  Valentine Agranovsky
  Acolytes bring the light of God into our worship space
*Call to Worship (Read Responsively)                                                          Delores Lester
One: O mortal, can these bones live?
Many: Only the Lord God knows.
One: O people, hope in the Lord.
Many: With the Lord there is steadfast love and
great power to redeem.

*Opening Hymn            Love Divine, All Loves Excelling                              517

     
*Prayer of Approach and Lord’s Prayer                                   Delores Lester
(using debts and debtors)


Proclaiming God’s Word
  Scripture Reading                                                                                      Delores Lester
Gospel Lesson             John 11:1-46
              One: The Word of God for the people of God
Many: Thanks be to God!

  Time for God’s Children                                                           Pastor Susanna
(Children aged k-8th grade can come up to the steps for this lesson.)

  Anthem                                              The Lone Wild Bird                                             Choir
  Prayer of Intercession
  Sermon                                                    It Can’t Be                                      Pastor Susanna
  Prayer of Commitment                                                                                  Pastor Susanna

Responding to God’s Word
*Invitation Hymn                             Spirit Song                                                  352


(come forward at this time to unite with our church family,
for a prayer, or to commit your life to Jesus Christ.)
  Communion Meditation                                                         Pastor Susanna
  Communion Hymn       Let Us Break Bread Together                                425

  Prayer for the Bread and Cup                                                   Delores Lester
  Distribution and Sharing of Emblems                       The Diaconate
(Eat the Bread when served. Please hold the Cup
and we will drink together. All bread served is gluten free.)
  Offering Meditation and Prayer of Dedication
*Response                    Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow                         47

Taking God’s Word to the World
*Parting Hymn               What Wondrous Love is This                                 200
What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this that caused the Lord of bliss
to bear the dreadful curse for my soul, for my soul,
to bear the dreadful curse for my soul?

2 When I was sinking down, sinking down, sinking down,
when I was sinking down, sinking down;
when I was sinking down beneath God's righteous frown,
Christ laid aside his crown for my soul, for my soul,
Christ laid aside his crown for my soul.

3 To God and to the Lamb, I will sing, I will sing,
to God and to the Lamb, I will sing;
to God and to the Lamb who is the great I AM -
while millions join the theme, I will sing, I will sing;
while millions join the theme, I will sing.

4 And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on,
and when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on;
and when from death I’m free, I’ll sing and joyful be,
and through eternity, I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on,
and through eternity I’ll sing on.
*Acolytes take the light of God out into the World
*Benediction                                                                           Pastor Susanna
*Postlude                                                                        Valentine Agranovsky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bulletin 6 7 20

Call to Worship:     One: By the calling of God’s Holy Spirit, we gather in the name of the living Christ to worship God. Many: Su...