Thursday, March 19, 2015

Beneath the Cross of Jesus 197


Beneath the cross of Jesus I fain would take my stand,

the shadow of a mighty rock within a weary land;

a home within the wilderness, a rest upon the way,

from the burning of the noon-tide heat, and the burden of the day.

Upon that cross of Jesus mine eye at time can see

the very dying form of one who suffered there for me;

and from my stricken heart with tears two wonders I confess:

the wonders of redeeming love and my unworthiness.

I take, O cross, thy shadow for my abiding place;

I ask no other sunshine than the sunshine of his face;

content to let the world go by, to know no gain nor loss.

my sinful self my only shame, my glory all the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bulletin 6 7 20

Call to Worship:     One: By the calling of God’s Holy Spirit, we gather in the name of the living Christ to worship God. Many: Su...